Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Somebody Please TURN THE PAGE!

I'm getting a little tired of losing the same five pounds.  My weight loss graph has been zig-zagging up and down for the past six weeks.  When I look at the graph for the past 18 months it's really not as bad as it seems.  I keep having to get out a picture of me before my surgery to remind myself that I've come a long way from where I was.  Still, it gets frustrating.

At work today I had one of those days that make me struggle to remember why I wanted to be a nurse.  Was it so little old ladies could spit at me or slap me?  Did I foresee a certain passive-aggressive son reminding me that I had to take off his mother's underwear before I put her on the commode?  Then there was the woman who swore there was a tube stuck up in her ass and I'd better get it the hell out of there if I knew what was good for me.

So on this dreary, rainy day where very little went right, I did not try to make myself feel better by eating something chocolate.  I did not lay on the couch and feel sorry for myself.  I went to the gym instead.  Even though I don't usually go two days in a row I felt like I needed to be there.  I listened to my latest mix of motivational heavy metal tunes and peddled into sweaty oblivion.  It worked.  I feel better.

As Scarlett O'Hara famously said "Tomorrow is another day".  And so it is.  Maybe I'll just have nice patients tomorrow.





Or maybe pigs will fly.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment