Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Bottoming Out in the Wee Hours

No Pop Tarts
I've really got to give myself a kick in the butt.  Last night I was needing something to munch on and found a stash of Pop Tarts that somebody in my family had hidden.The sad thing is that they really don't taste all that great for the amount of calories they have.  Nevertheless,  I ate two of them around midnight.  I've always felt that the manufacturer forces you to eat two at a time because there are two in each wrapper.  If you only eat one then the poor, lonely other one gets stale. (Yeah, right).  Anyway late night snacking is a constant temptation for me but last night it really backfired.

I went to bed around one a.m..  Why I stayed up so late when I had to work in the morning is another issue.  I'm just not ready for bed before midnight especially when I've been to the gym in the evening.  At around 2:30, I awoke dying of thirst.  I stumbled, literally, to the bathroom.  As I got my drink I felt very sweaty and uncoordinated.  I felt like my blood sugar was really low.  I didn't want to wake anyone to get me something to bring the glucose level up but I had to do something.  I grabbed my husband's bottle of TUMS and poured out about five of them.  I chewed them up and soon felt better and went back to sleep.

I was amazed that I woke up in that condition.  I always thought if your sugar bottomed out when you were sleeping that you might just not wake up at all.  I felt fine in the morning, although more than tired from only getting a few hours of uninterrupted slumber.
Apparently there are no existing depictions of women who snore. 

Today after work I went to Trader Joe's and got some munchies with less sugar.  I bought low fat cheese sticks, fresh cherries and protein muffins.  I can get carried away with cheese but at least it doesn't affect my blood glucose level!  I'm up late again tonight but at least I'm off tomorrow.

On a good note, today was a really busy day at work. Normally I'm grabbing those little packs of graham crackers when it looks like I'm not going to get lunch. I resisted all day long. I got a Greek yogurt from a vending machine instead. So see, I can have will power once in a while. I'm not consistent but there is hope.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment