Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, May 21, 2012

Still Hanging in There

The other day a belligerent, drug-seeking patient told me he hated the woman "over there" with the curly hair and eyeglasses.  I looked over at the desk where the only occupant was a security guard who did not fit that description.  I told him there was nobody there who had curly hair and glasses.  He looked me straight in the eye and said "you do".  Realizing it was me he hated I was delighted that he did not use any reference to my weight when he was insulting me.   It's nice to know that it wasn't my most obvious characteristic.

Some days I really  don't feel like going to the gym.  But I do it.  I'm trying to keep my daily steps over 7000 on non-gym days.  I moved my pedometer to my hip which seems to register more steps than where I had it before.    Some days I get careless with my eating but I try to avoid empty calories.  Wendy's had brought back my favorite salad for the summer.  The berry almond chicken salad has big strawberries and blueberries with grilled chicken, sliced almonds and a raspberry vinaigrette dressing.  It does not taste like salad from a bag but fresh and delicious.  So far I've had it twice in the past three days.

Usually I bring a Lean Cuisine for lunch but today I brought some leftover salad from home.  (Not the Wendy's salad.  I never have any of that left over).  It had  lots of cut up cucumbers and radishes and I topped it with some shrimp.  With only 30 minutes for lunch I didn't have enough time to finish all the crispy veggies.  There was just too much to chew in that amount of time.  I ended up bringing them home and eating them with dinner.  It is sad to say though that our workday rush is not suited to a nice healthy salad with lots of fiber.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment